Not Chosen, Just Posin'

I just got a job with a Jewish magazine. I'm not Jewish. They think I am.


Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Quite often, calling Dell's 24-hour customer service line will elicit a response from some flaky Indian service rep in chic Bombay. These reps are trained to use current American slang to fool you into thinking they are, in fact, in the United States (and, not to mention, completely on your side):

"Oh, so you think you're being bamboozled, do you?"
"This is our hippest model yet."
"Have a groovy day."

Well, this is how I felt today at lunch when I thought to try out some of my new Jewish slang for my coworkers.

One of the design guys mentioned that his friend's band is playing this weekend. Am I into rock? If so, I should come with.

"Kosher," I replied, casually.

The remark drew blank stares.

"I mean, not Kosher...?"

I think I've been bamboozled out of the previous invite.

eXTReMe Tracker