Not Chosen, Just Posin'

I just got a job with a Jewish magazine. I'm not Jewish. They think I am.


Thursday, August 24, 2006

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I thought I’d share this email from my boss because it truly illustrates his favorite dictum: “I’m from the streets in Israel and I’ve created all of this from nothing [Yo.]”

By the way, I think this one could actually use a disclaimer. Therefore...

Disclaimer: I like and respect my boss a lot. On the other hand, comedy is not something that should be kept to one's self.

From: Boss
To: Entire Office
Date: Aug 24, 2006 8:07 AM
Subject: Great is Not Good Enough

Guys (that includes the girls) - I have come to the conclusion that we need to step up our game. We should not take for granted the fact that we are the best book in our market. I know very well that someone is not sleeping trying to see how they can takeaway the very niche we created.


I will be working my butt off to get into the right relationships but I need everyone to help and think outside the box. If it were your company, what would you do? You can tell me anything about any department.We cannot be everything to everyone. We have to be the most remarkable thing to our core consumers. It is time to shift this baby into overdrive.

Warmest Regards,


Boss
Bosses Cheesy Signature Line
Bosses Cheesy Signature Line 2
Bosses Cheesy Signature Line 3


My advice? Oh, I don’t know - don’t let your wife fire an account executive that brings in over $100K an issue. Just a suggestion…

On that note, my friends and I talked about the firing of the account executive back when it happened. We agreed that there is nothing that could ever convince us to fire someone pulling in that kind of money for our virtual, non-existant companies.

Is my wife cheating on me with the account executive? So be it, whatever she’s doing is working.

eXTReMe Tracker