Not Chosen, Just Posin'

I just got a job with a Jewish magazine. I'm not Jewish. They think I am.


Friday, August 25, 2006

Not Chosen, Just Posin' Commercial Break


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Meet Aviva, a kind-hearted JAP*
who—as the story goes—wants your money.

Aviva is the first member of my "go-to" group of Jewish friends to make her self known to my reading public. Why? Well, Aviva needs your money. Go figure.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


In case you can't tell, that black thing on the left is representative, somehow, of Aviva on a bike. The thing on the right is supposed to be a finish line. I don't get it either.

Aviva is using me to get the word out about the Honolulu marathon she will be participating in on behalf of The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training program - a program that raises funds to fight blood and other cancers.

Her words:

"As a participant, I am also raising money to help the organization in its mission to find a cure for the disease and aid those afflicted with it. I guess you could say its part of the whole Jewish tradition of tzedakah (goyim call it charity), chesed (or acts of kindness) and tikkun olam (literally means "repairing the world"). Anyway, these are all big themes for Jews around this time of year (high holidays and such)... "

I told her I would post it, because:

A). I'm a benevolent human being
B). She's assisted me in this whole learning curve and provided me with the
Israel anecdote I posted weeks ago
C). Nearly everyone in Team in Training is female and many are Jewish (goes with my theme and all)
D). The acronym for Team in Training is T.I.T. (Hey, I'm a guy; this is how I see the world)

Aviva added another good reason for my consideration:

E). " It might help redeem your image in the eyes of all those bastards who called you anti-Semitic."

Oh, that.

Anyway, go give her money here, which is the same thing as going here: http://www.active.com/donate/tntnyc/Aviva.

Seriously, there's a bunch of you who talk a good game when it comes to backing your religion. Now it's time for you to actually put your money where your tzedakah is.

*Fine, she's not really a JAP. I just thought it sounded funnier.

eXTReMe Tracker