Not Chosen, Just Posin'

I just got a job with a Jewish magazine. I'm not Jewish. They think I am.


Friday, September 29, 2006


As of late, I've been paranoid about the possibility of someone at my office happening upon the site (and, quite frankly, I'm not sure how they haven't already). Every time I put up a post, I know I'm increasing my chances of getting caught, but for some reason the risk intrigues me. It's kind of like stealing. You know that you don't really need the electric toothbrush, but wouldn't it be cool if you got away with taking it out of the store in your pant leg? Yeah, it's exactly like that...

So, I did a bit of research in order to find the number of Jewish magazines in the New York area (so that I could properly assess the risk factor...something I should have thought of a long time ago, really). While I couldn't find a list based on location (the lady told me I'd have to individually click on each site to figure that out), I finally found an ongoing list of all the Jewish magazines in the country. And, guess what? The one I work at isn't on it. I have no idea how it worked out that way, and I've never been known for having good luck, but you better believe I'm not going to be the one to directly inform the organization of its flaw.

Upon realizing this, I was pretty satisfied. My job is secure for that much longer and my anxiety has temporarily retreated. However, since the anxiety factor is disproportionately related to the danger factor, to which I'm completely attracted, it wasn't long after this discovery that I longed again for my feeling of uneasiness. While my job isn't fun or exciting, the innate "danger" of documenting it and defaming my anonymous colleagues is.

To artificially insert some more of this danger into the situation, I'm now linking to the organization so that they come to know that they're missing a publication, as well as inserting (above) the spot where our magazine should be on their list. No really, don't thank me. It's my pleasure.

I feel so much better now....

eXTReMe Tracker