Not Chosen, Just Posin'

I just got a job with a Jewish magazine. I'm not Jewish. They think I am.


Friday, September 15, 2006

* I just switched over to beta-blogger (whatever that is), so it might be difficult for people with blogger accounts to leave comments. Evidently this is "being worked on."

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Three Things.

1) Yesterday The Publisher bought us all pizza for seemingly no good reason. I’m a big fan of pizza so I didn’t complain, but I still found it pretty odd. I’ve never known him to be overly generous (although he did give me my raise early), nor cheerful. I mentioned this fact in passing to a friend last night. His immediate response was, “He’s getting laid,” which would make perfect logical sense to someone who didn’t know his wife. Since I do know her, it wasn’t a likely explanation. Then it occurred to me: The Detroit Salesgirl is in town.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
2) Some pretty sketchy things have been happening around here lately in terms of our freelance staff. We hire out a lot of photographers for event-related stories. (Otherwise, we usually just search Getty or other online image banks. We’re not big enough to have staff photographers). Anyhow, I usually find the photographers and coordinate the contracts with them. Within the last week, I’ve had three of them contact me to tell me that their payments are overdue. I figured it was just a mistake with accounting, but then last night at about 8:00 (I stayed late last night) there was a knock at the door. It was the janitorial staff. I stood back to let them in, but it turns out they weren’t here to work. Rather, they had come by to pick up their missing payments. I imagine this has something to do with the Publisher’s Wife having fired our top-selling account executive last month and The Publisher putting the unnecessary Detroit sales girl on the payroll. That’s his prerogative, of course; I just hope I receive my check next week.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3) I’ve been having a lot of fun with The Silent Designer lately. He deserves to be a bit tortured for lying to me about the real reason he was looking for another job. As it turns out, he doesn’t know that I know about him and SuperJew, so I make comments about how sexy she is every now and then just to get a rise out of him. I love to watch him cringe. My favorite: “I wonder what SuperJew’s doing this weekend. I might call her up and see if she wants to hang out. You can tell that chick’s a pillow biter.”



By the way, I know I owe you minutes from the Group of Go-To Jewish Friends monthly meeting. I've just been really lazy about it. I'll try for this weekend or next week.

eXTReMe Tracker