Not Chosen, Just Posin'

I just got a job with a Jewish magazine. I'm not Jewish. They think I am.


Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I'm the guy in the middle.

Oh yeah, I wasn't trying to be mysterious about going to Philly. The reason I went was for a spot on a news network. It was about ____, which doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the magazine, but the PR girl managed to position us, and in particular, me, as an expert on the subject. In return, we got to flash the cover of the magazine on the station for approximately 4 seconds along with our website URL. Apparently the station broadcasts into 9 million homes (meaning probably more like 4 million). That's impressive and all, but the Green Room sucked. No food, no alcohol, only coffee, tea and water. This reminds me, I need to convince the Publisher to add a Green Room here. Then we could invite guests in for interviews, get them sauced and get way better material out of them. I'll tell him it will make for better content.

Getting this segment was great, considering our last one got canceled due to John Mark Karr stealing all available television spots.

Anyway, for a 6 minute spot, I was gone 6 hours. The PR girl came with and afterwards we went to a pub to grab dinner while waiting for the train. When the waitress came over to take our drink orders, the PR girl gave me the ever popular "Are you gonna do it?" look, to which I replied in kind: "Grey Goose rocks." She ordered some Syrah.

I ordered mashed potatoes and gravy and after just a couple sips of wine, the PR girl was digging into my mashed potatoes with her fork. This was pretty cool considering how conservatively people tend to act when doing anything business related. Then again, our crew isn't the most conservative bunch of people. Evidently we were loud when we got on the train because the ticket guy had to come around and remind us that we were in the "Quiet Car."

There really is no peak/point to the story. I suck today and I really don't care. Last night was the third night in a row without sleep. Usually I look forward to posting, but right now I'm just going through the motions.

eXTReMe Tracker