Not Chosen, Just Posin'

I just got a job with a Jewish magazine. I'm not Jewish. They think I am.


Thursday, November 16, 2006


I'm inventing my own new stereotype. No disclaimers, no apologies, just a new stereotype based on my observations of the girls I work with. Granted, this stereotype only applies to the variety who originated on the East Coast or Chicago. That is to say, the Israeli Girl is the only one not under scrutiny.

When the girls at my office want to thank someone for doing something, they say it like this:

"Thank you soooooooo much."

Why is this?

The conviction with which they thank me for doing something as simple as forwarding an email, would make one think I saved a life or even more, helped them move to a new apartment on my day off. I'm all for a little appreciation, but it's kind of weird and definitely not that deep. So there you have it. My new stereotype.


P.S. I know that my images are getting sloppier every day. I suck.

eXTReMe Tracker