Not Chosen, Just Posin'

I just got a job with a Jewish magazine. I'm not Jewish. They think I am.


Tuesday, November 14, 2006

With skills like these, I might just apply for a graphic designer position.

So yesterday, on the way to the photographer's studio, the Other Designer* and I rode with the Publisher's Wife and her two annoying daughters. I don't know why they weren't in school and I don't dare ask questions (often because I think my explanations are way more entertaining).

Anyway, there were some school children walking outside the car with backpacks on, a fact that one of the annoying daughters noticed as well.

"Mom, why are they wearing backpacks?"

Seriously, I don't know where this question came from, nor do I know where this answer from the Other Designer originated:

"They're carrying marijuana in them."

The Publisher's Wife huffed, "There are kids in the car."

It was a statement of the obvious, for sure, but we knew what she meant: "What the hell are you saying in front of my kids, you sick bastard?"

Here, in a stroke of irony that I couldn't have planned better myself, the Publisher's Wife hears a song playing faintly on the radio. "Shhh! Shhh!" she declares as she turns it up. "I love this song!"


I'm in love with Mary Jane.
She's my main thing.
She makes me feel alright.
She makes my heart sing.

She sang along. Who would have thought the Publisher's Wife liked Rick James? I didn't even think she liked music. We might have a classic case of "closet freakiness" here (or maybe I'm just exhibiting a classic case of "my explanation is better than reality"). I imagine it's the latter.




*The reason he is called the "Other" Designer is because he's not the Silent Designer and there just aren't really any notable qualities about him besides the fact that , for a brief period of time, he was a complete ass-kisser. That time has passed.

eXTReMe Tracker