Not Chosen, Just Posin'

I just got a job with a Jewish magazine. I'm not Jewish. They think I am.


Thursday, December 28, 2006


I just went to lunch with the guy that supplies our paper. The Italian guy who owns the restaurant was blatantly hitting on some girl. According to the hug upon walking in and the "I'll sit in my usual spot," she was a regular.

Upon seeing this display, the paper guy leaned into me and said, "He wants to sleep with her. I guess that's better than him liking little boys. I never did understand that Catholic pedophilia stuff."

I must not look very Italian. I assume if I did, he would have kept his mouth shut.

Because I could care less about stereotypes, I won't offer a moral to this story. "Now kids, we could easily make a case here about double standards ( 'I can use stereotypes, but you can't' or vice versa...). You see, everyone is a bit guilty of using stereotypes as social Cliffs notes." Instead, I'll settle with the universal conclusion: Shit happens.

Then again, maybe I'll blackmail him for a discount on paper. You know, rumor has it that us Italians are shady bastards. I'd hate to let anyone down. Maybe I'll even get a raise in the process? Hmmm...

eXTReMe Tracker