Not Chosen, Just Posin'

I just got a job with a Jewish magazine. I'm not Jewish. They think I am.


Friday, March 02, 2007


Ask and you shall recieve, oh anonymous commenter! I planned on writing about all the crap I mentioned earlier, but the Paper guy, bless his little heart, just took me to lunch and we drank a lot. A lot, I say. I have yet to tell him I make none of the buying decisions, but at the rate I'm going with the free drinks/food, I would be a fool to do so.

So, what I'm going to do for you is this. I'm going to give you a recipe for Hamantaschen or "Hamen's ear." I don't know about you all, but this whole "ear eating" stuff seemed weird until I realized we Catholics eat little wafer's that are supposed to be the flesh of Christ. There you have it. That said, I've bolded the problem area of this recipe.

3 1/4 cup sugar 2 cups all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine (1 stick), cut into small pieces
1 egg, lightly beaten
3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
Filling: 1/4 pound dried figs, chopped
1 1/2 cup water
Teaspoon fresh lemon juice


Mix it together and don't fold it like the one pictured above or you're going to hell. Merry Purim.

eXTReMe Tracker